Mini bio of Bethel Community Church
“The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, for the Lord has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to comfort the brokenhearted and to proclaim that captives be released and prisoners will be freed.” (Isaiah 61:1)
BCC is a church designed especially for anyone who wishes to know God and grow in a relationship with Him. Whatever your background, whether you have never been to church before, or have been going many years, you will receive a warm welcome here.
We are pretty informal in how we ‘do church’, and endeavour to be relevant to people’s everyday lives. We don’t call ourselves religious, but are simply a group of individuals who want to know God and experience Him together.
We have a strong belief in the Bible and the power of prayer, plus a strong focus on evangelism, youth and healing of sickness and broken lives and relationships. We want to serve our local community both practically and spiritually. We also tend to get a bit excited during worship times!
Here is a brief summary of our beliefs:
- BCC is a non-denominational Church whose leaders are members of the Evangelical Alliance, UK.
- We believe that the Bible is the Word of God, fully inspired and written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. We believe that it has supreme authority in all matters of life, faith and conduct.
- We believe in Jesus Christ, God’s only begotten Son. We believe in His virgin birth through Mary, His sinless life, His miracles, and His teachings. We believe He died for our sins and rose from the dead on the third day.
- We believe in the third Person of the Godhead, the Holy Spirit. We also believe that the gifts of the Holy Spirit, as described in the New Testament, are still in operation today for the building up and strengthening of the church.
- We value both styles of worship including good old-fashioned hymns, plus new, modern expressions.
- We uphold the preaching of the whole gospel of Jesus Christ.
- We believe God still heals today (physically, spiritually and emotionally), just as Jesus Christ did in New Testament times.
- We support women in leadership roles while honouring the Biblical teaching that man is the head of woman.
- We believe in the sanctity of heterosexual marriage and are not licensed to perform gay marriages.
For a more in-depth description of our doctrinal beliefs, please refer to our Statement of Faith.